Monday, July 20, 2009

MTG COMMENTARY:
Beauty is In the Eye of Beholder,
Especially When It Comes to Tattoos

The photo posted above comes from an article we were directed to by one of our followers on Twitter, and can be found online at the Daily Mail website.

Now, what I want to talk about today is not so much the article itself, but the reaction from its readers, most of whom at the time of this post considered the model's tattoos to be ugly. Personally, I love them. I think they're sexy. Girls like this are the very reason Sascha has the site, because he absolutely loves his tattooed girls!

Now, without going into a great debate over who's right and who's wrong, everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion, but when it comes to tattoos, there's just this certain group of haters that will always bash those of us with ink, calling us ugly, gross, hideous, weird and other derogatory names like that.

At the same time, do you hear people with full body suits calling the untatted people out there, myself included, "freaks" and "head cases"? Nope. Not at all. I don't have a single tattoo myself and get along perfectly fine with these "ugly tattooed freaks" that so many people want to bash.

For a good majority of those same people who talk about the looks of those with tattoos, would they ever in a million years talk shit about a person with a major birth defect or huge scars from an accident? God no and why? Because they couldn't help it. It wasn't something they chose to have on their body. People choose to get tattooed, not to get scarred.

Now, don't get me wrong for one second, I'm not saying I don't feel for those who have to suffer with burns and scars, because I do indeed care, but so fucking what if my girlfriend wants to go and get half of her body tattooed, pierced or modified in some other fashion?! It's not my place to say who should get what done to their body, and it's not my place to say that they're more beautiful or uglier because of their individual body mods.

Today's generation, both guys and girls, obviously love tattoos, even on the most feminine of women. Ask Kat Von D and the girls of L.A Ink and Miami Ink. Ask Any of the hundreds of women who have ever posed for Inked or any other tattoo magazine. Ask Joanna Angel. Ask any of the girls on the Suicide Girls, Burning Angel, God's Girls or MyTattooGirls websites.

There will forever be a special place in the heart of today's generation for the tattooed.

Personally, I love tattoos and more than likely you do, too, especially if you're reading this blog. If you don't like tattoos, then just don't get them for yourself. It's your body and your definition of what beauty is. To me, tattoos are sexy and that's all that matters. End of story.

- Corey Hitchcock / MyTattooGirls.com

No comments:

Post a Comment